Thursday, January 24, 2008

Armed and Dangerous...But Friendly !

Training continues, but with a different flavor...After being issued weapons and body armor, I carry my weapon everywhere. If an external observer had seen us over the last few days we would have appeared as nothing more than a bunch of people engaged on some traing course. To see us now, the observer might raise an eyebrow as we eat meals, exercise, watch movies, write email with our weapons at our sides.

Our weapons offer feeble protection agains blasts or snipers, but they are part of what we do, so I suppose one takes comfort in being armed. Finally got some decent sleep last night...

Yesterday, one of the civillains on the bus said to me "You don't seem sad to be here." I guess I must have been smiliing at something...But it made me realize how important it is to try to maintain a good attitude, and make others feel better too.

No comments: