Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Three Little Birds...

Above where I live are some tiny -but chubby- little sparrows / finches. They have set up a nest(s) in the few inches between the top of my living space and the corrugated metal on the roof. Today I saw three of them peeking out and looking around. They have small faces with brilliant black eyes and short yellow-tan beaks.
They have such a playful, but self assured air that it is easy to start talking to them. "What are you up to?" or "Hey birds, what are you doing?" They look at you with complete disdain for a moment before they get back to business.

It's a different world for them.

1 comment:

bigD said...

Hi Army Poet,
Since I don't know your name or your rank, I hope you don't mind if I call you Army Poet.

I had some birds who built a nest in an old dryer vent. Every morning I would come down to my kitchen, where I could hear them chirping and singing their songs, while they waited for breakfast. My hubby took the nest out once all the little birds grew up and flew away. I was sad that day.
I wrote a post on my blog about birds (July 2008), it was sort of happy and sort of sad. Now I feed the birds in my backyard. We have blue jays, cardinals, and doves.

I wish I could send you music because I would send you the song, "Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley.

Three Little Birds ~Bob Marley

Rise up this morning
smiled with the rising sun
three little birds
pitch by my door step
singing sweet songs
of melodies pure and true
saying, this is my message to you.

Don't worry about a thing
cause every little thing is gonna be alright
don't worry about a thing
every little thing is gonna be alright

Take good care of you Army Poet...I hope the birds bring you some solace and joy as you go to bed each night and rise up again to begin a new day each morning.